Last updated on August 10th, 2023 at 12:40 pm
Looking for the best seed bombs to turn your garden or wild place into a thriving wildflower area?
Seed bombs are clay balls packed with seeds and compost. You can throw them on your lawn or garden to start growing a beautiful range of native plants.
It’s an easy and fun way to start gardening and plant propagation—all you have to do is toss them out and let nature take its course!
Seed bombs are perfect for spreading seeds in places where germination would otherwise be difficult or impossible and have become incredibly popular with the growing guerilla gardening movement.
Let’s look at some of the best seed bombs available today from various small businesses that have made seeds their speciality!
Our Favourite Wildflower Seed Bombs To Add Colour & Life To Any Outdoor Area
We’ve curated a list of the best wildflower seed bombs for your UK garden.
We’ve picked suppliers focusing on sustainable manufacturing processes and high-quality native seeds perfect for bees and pollinators.
Seedball Wildflower Bee Bombs
- SCATTER NOW… Autumn is the best time to scatter seed balls for wildflowers next summer. During…
- WILDFLOWER FOR BEES… Each seed ball is bursting with a variety of meadow flower seeds and others…
- NATIVE WILDFLOWER… Each seed ball contains approximately 30 seeds from a mix of Birdsfoot Trefoil,…
- WILDFLOWER SEED BALLS… This pack contains 20 seedballs and around 30 seeds per seeball. Giving you…
- HOW TO USE… Simply throw your seed balls onto the soil, compost, garden bed or planter during the…
At Revive a Bee, we’re buzzing about Seedball’s wildflower seed bombs, tailor-made for UK gardens. We recommend Autumn scattering to ensure a radiant wildflower display next summer.
Each Seedball bursts with 30 seeds, featuring UK native wildflowers such as Birdsfoot Trefoil, Foxglove, and Red Clover, enriched with bee-loving annuals like Cornflower and Night-flowering catchfly.
Plus, they’re a breeze; toss them onto your desired spot with a 10cm gap. Unique to Seedball, chilli powder and clay additions deter pests, while the peat-free compost ensures a nourishing embrace.
With 20 seed balls per pack, there’s ample coverage for 1 metre squared or 3-5 pots. And for those with a green heart, Seedball’s recyclable tin packaging is an elegant gift and a nod to sustainability.
Dive into a bee-friendly garden adventure with Seedball, a top pick at Revive a Bee!
Pretty Wild Seeds Bee Balls
- Handmade Bee Balls
- From a British company fully registered with DEFRA
- Save the Bees
- 10 Large Bee Balls in Each Pouch
At Revive a Bee, we’re enchanted by Pretty Wild Seeds’ Bee Balls – a true bouquet of nature’s finest.
Carefully curated based on the Royal Horticultural Society’s ‘perfect for pollinators’ list, these seed balls are brimming with diverse species like Field Poppy, Foxglove, Cornflower, and many more. Ensuring a veritable feast for our pollinator friends and a visual treat for us!
Beyond their floral charm, Bee Balls come in a 9cm x 12cm pouch, leaving you with a nifty bag post-planting.
Curious about the magic behind it? The seeds are encased in clay. Once thrown onto soil and watered, the clay disperses, making way for blossoms with some sunshine.
But these aren’t just for gardens; take them on family camping trips or group walks, making seed-tossing a collective activity. Revisit those spots and witness nature’s miracle.
Choose Pretty Wild Seeds’ Bee Balls for a pollinator-friendly garden and a splash of varied beauty.
Kabloom Pollinator Bomb
- ECO FRIENDLY: Liven up dull spaces with our outdoor plants! At Kabloom. we strive to create…
- GARDEN PLANTS: Seedboms will biodegrade into the environment, leaving only the seeds behind. For…
- EASY TO USE: Throw or drop into areas that are in need of brightening up. Seedboms like bare soil,…
- BIODEGRADABLE: Seedboms are made from a 100% compostable bio-based shell containing organic…
- GARDEN GIFTS: Our Seedboms make great gifts for eco-conscious friends and family members. These are…
We’re thrilled to spotlight Kabloom’s Pollinator Bomb, an eco-friendly marvel for green enthusiasts.
Kabloom is committed to sustainability, with shell castings from the Netherlands, but everything else UK-sourced and assembled.
These Seedboms promise to enrich spaces with vibrant wildflowers like Cornflower, Vipers Bugloss, and Borage, al perfect for bumblebees.
Pull the pin, submerge it in water until soaked, and then toss it onto barren spaces craving floral charisma.
They prefer bare soil and a touch of dampness. And worry not about waste; Seedboms biodegrade, leaving only blooming legacies. They’re an eco-champion from 100% compostable shells packed in recyclable, biodegradable sleeves.
Considering a unique gift? Seedboms are perfect for the eco-conscious, whether a seasoned gardener or a child budding with green curiosity. Give the gift of nature with Kabloom’s Seedboms – a celebration of life and sustainability.
Beebombs Native Wildflower Seedballs
- HELP BRING THE BEES AND BUTTERFLIES back to Britain by helping to restore some of the 97% of…
- RE-CREATE THE BEAUTIFUL WILDFLOWER MEADOWS in your garden and make an important contribution to the…
- NO GARDENING SKILL REQUIRED – Beebombs can be scattered straight onto open ground at any time of the…
- MIX OF 18 BRITISH WILDFLOWER SEEDS, designated by the RHS as “Perfect for Pollinators”, Beebombs are…
- GIFT AN EVERLASTING MEMORY with Beebombs 10 Pack Hamper Gift Set. Each presented in a Hessian bag,…
Britain has lost a staggering 97% of its vibrant wildflower meadows since WWII. Beebombs aim to rewind the clock, beckoning bees and butterflies back to our isles.
Their wildflower mix, comprised of 18 British seeds endorsed by the RHS as “Perfect for Pollinators”, promises a colourful bloom wherever you plant it.
Worried about the green thumb? Fear not. Just scatter them; with sun, water, and patience, they’ll thrive, covering roughly 21ft².
Handcrafted in Dorset, these seed balls fuse seeds with local clay and sifted soil.
The Beebombs 10-Pack arrives in a cute Hessian bag perfect for gifting or adding to an environmentally friendly hamper.
Urban Sprout Seed Bomb Kit
- 🦋Make Your Own Seed Balls : Complete DIY Kit with Everything you need to make 20-30 Seed Balls….
- 🐝Help Britain’s Bees: The Seeds in Your Kit will grow Wildflowers which attract Bees and…
- 🦋100% UK Native Wildflower Seeds: Your Kit includes 24 Seed Species from the RHS Perfect For…
- 🐝Family Friendly Messy Play : Making Seed Balls is a Great Activity to Share With Friends and…
- 🦋Unique Gift Idea: The seed ball Gift Comes beautifully packaged and makes for a great present…
Unleash your inner botanist with this DIY kit with everything you need to craft 20-30 of your very own seed balls.
Soil, clay, tools, and easy-to-follow instructions – it’s all in the box. You’ll find 24 species of 100% UK native wildflower seeds featuring stars like Poppies, Foxglove, and Daisy.
But it’s not all about the flora; these are great fun too! Delve into messy play with family and friends, share the bonus kids’ activity pack, toss your seed balls, and let nature do it’s work.
So if you prefer a hands-on approach or want to teach young children about the wonders of growing, these could be the perfect fit.
Freeing Wellbeing Bee & Butterfly Seed Bombs
- 🐝 JOIN THE MOVEMENT – make a difference and help save the bees and butterflies! Over the past…
- 🌼 TRANSFORM YOUR GARDEN – add colour and beauty to your space, but also attract a variety of…
- 🌱 EFFORTLESS GARDENING – no green thumb? No problem! Simply toss the seed balls on top of soil or…
- 🇬🇧 EXPERIENCE THE BEST – handmade seed balls crafted with care in the UK. They contain a…
- 🌲 WE PLANT A TREE – with every order to help the planet we all share! Trees provide crucial…
These bee and butterfly bombs from Feeing Wellbeing are ideal for promoting pollinators in your garden.
They come in three sizes based on how much square ft you’d like to cover in wonderful wildflowers.
Each seed ball is carefully crafted in the UK with sifted compost, natural clay and seed mix.
Better yet, they plant a tree for every pack purchased, so you’ll be helping the environment twice with a single purchase.
If you’re mad about bees, you should check out our guide on seed bombs specifically for bees and pollinators in our short read on what bee bombs are.
When should I plant my seed bombs in the UK?
You can plant seed bombs in early spring (March to April) or Autumn (September).
Just be aware that if you plant your seed bombs in Autumn, you won’t see any flowering plants till the following year, but the bloom will be significantly greater than the first bloom of seeds planted in early Spring.
How long will it take for my seed bombs to grow?
If you plant in March or April, you may see some wildflowers that same year, but in most cases, flowering will be much more prolific in the second year and following years as the plant’s root systems fully mature.
Do seed bombs grow back every year?
Yes, in many cases, the seed bombs you sow will only truly flower the year after. This is particularly true if you plant your seed bombs in Autumn.
Do I need to prepare the soil before sowing my seed bombs?
Yes, taking the time to rake your sowing area will help the seeds within your bombs germinate and grow.
While this isn’t essential if you’re planting in your own garden or wild area, we strongly recommend preparing the soil beforehand for the best results.